wills and probate services
(b) probate and estate management
I can deal with all the management of personal estates after someone dies, including:
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Administration of assets including valuation and sale of property
- Settling debts and taxation
- Completion of estate accounts
- Distribution of funds and assets
- Advising on contested estates, including probate disputes, contested wills, family provision claims under the Inheritance Act and claims against executors and trustees.
I can act for you if you are the executor of a will, or if you are the next of kin of someone who has died without making a will, or if you are a beneficiary of a will that is being contested, or if you wish to claim against an estate.
I will always attempt to finalise the deceased's affairs as quickly as possible and will keep you informed of progress throughout the process.
I also have particular expertise in dealing with the administration of estates that have been passed to the Treasury Solicitor or the Duchy of Lancaster because the deceased was believed to have died without close kin, but where entitled heirs have since been traced. I work with some of the country's top 'heir hunters' (genealogical researchers) and through them can offer research services for the UK and around the world.
My charges are based upon the amount of work done and not upon the value of the estate (or both), so my costs are generally significantly lower than those charged by others doing probate work - and I do not charge VAT.